Saturday, June 4, 2011

So there I am..

For some reason I decided to go through the Minnesota Republican Party platform from 2010.. I went in looking for a laugh, so I wouldn't get too pissed off going through it.  It's worked pretty well so far (there's a lot to laugh about), and I am keeping at bay the realization that "it'd be funny if it wasn't the cause of so much idiocy," or something like that.  Anyhow.. a lot of shit caught my eye as being very stupid, or strange.  This one stood out:
We should continue to encourage the voluntary expression of religious beliefs and traditions of students. Specifically, educators who discuss creation science should be protected from disciplinary action and science standards should recognize that there is controversy pertaining to the theory of evolution.
 Lately I am on an anti-religion kick.  I suspect it will probably last for the rest of my life.. Anyhow: The only controversy about the "theory of evolution [by means of natural selection]" is that these (you?) people are too afraid of it to accept it.  If we've really been intelligently designed..well, someone's got a lot of 'splainin' to do.

~Nic

No comments: