Tuesday, January 4, 2011

If I were an Honor(able) captain

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/video/captain-honors-edited-video

OK, So now that we're on the same page.

If I were the Captain of an aircraft carrier (See: Small city), and wanted to entertain my crew, I would probably, like with any job, run my video first past my own internal filter.  Ask myself questions such as:

1. Would I say/show this to my boss?
2. If I said/showed this to my boss, would he not fire me?

If the answer to either of these would be "No", I would refrain from putting such a thing in my video.  While being common of normal back-slapping (See: ass slapping, as in homoerotic football players who are oddly, quite homophobic.  This is an observation, 'correlation doesn't imply causation' may be ('loosely') applied.), this video would generally be something I would find myself unwilling to forward (via email, for instance) to everyone in any company I work for, let alone the boss of such.

According to the AFA (predictably), the leak of this video is proof of future 'retribution' against higher ups [in the military] who have done similar things, by those no less than "faggots" (double quote because I'm putting words in their mouths (backwards?  Yes.).. they really wanted to say faggot, but all they could muster, after running their stupid script through their own mental filter, was 'homosexuals'.  Pussies. (Q.E.D. on my prior point btw) ) are about to come streaming in.  To them, it's because they're now seeking revenge for their love of godless acts, but we all know it's because bigotry (such as the military's stance toward homosexuality), when finally upheaved, has a tendency to be reigned in ex post facto.

If I've said it once, I've said it a billion fucking times:  We don't have to be politically correct, but it's generally a good idea to not be assholes to people that we don't know. 

Please, in this year of 2011, can we bear witness to actual progress instead of jesus?  Please.  Please. Please.

~Nic

No comments: